The 万博皇家马德里 welcomes pitches for articles from researchers, practitioners, and journalists. We’re always interested in articles that get us thinking and help our readers better understand human behavior.
We look for articles that:
- Help us understand current events using the insights of behavioral science
- Explain new findings in a way that’s engaging and useful to non-specialists
- Explore today’s most pressing social, political, economic, and technological challenges through a behavioral science lens
- Show how people can use the insights from behavioral science in their own lives
- Take on issues related to the science of behavioral science (in a way that’s engaging to non-scientists, too)
- It may be helpful to review the 万博皇家马德里 articles to get a sense of the magazine’s voice and examples of articles we publish.
- When reviewing pitches, we ask ourselves a few questions:
– Is there a clear central argument?
– Are we curious to learn more?
– Why is this topic important?
– Why is this topic important now?
- Include links to any research/evidence that is central to your argument.
- Please feel free to share a link to a writing sample.
- We publish original articles. Please do not pitch articles that have already appeared in other magazines or blogs.
- We prefer pitches to full drafts. We work with our authors to help them shape pieces that are right for the 万博皇家马德里 and it’s easier to imagine how an idea might fit when it’s in pitch form. If you already have a full draft, please submit a pitch using this form and feel free to make a note of it.
- Pitches should be no more than 300 words.
If you’d like to pitch an article, please use this form.
*NOTE*: We are largely looking for pieces to fit our publishing window from August/September and beyond.